Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Is Here!

It's finally starting to feel more like fall around here! The afternoons are still hot, but no more triple digits. Praise the Lord! I can't wait for it to cool down enough to have a camp fire. I would cook dinner over a camp fire every night if I could.

In celebration of the season change, I bought pumpkin and sweet potato! I have been experimenting with them for a week or so. I made pumpkin bread, pumpkin oatmeal, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato soup, and grilled sweet potato. My computer quit on me, so I haven't been able to share the recipes or photos with you. Hopefully I can get caught up in the next few days.


Saturday I made a delicious soup that I like to call, "Clean Out the Fridge Soup". I served it with homemade bread and corn.

For the soup, I started out with olive oil and onion in the pan. I let the onions cook until soft then added several spices. Next, I added a carton of chicken broth and a bunch of random items that needed to be used. Here's what I can remember, chicken, sweet potato, pumpkin, green beans, frozen mixed vegetables, beans, spinach, and garlic. Season to taste.



I served a healthier version of pumpkin pie for dessert.

What's your favorite thing about fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment